Two phased approach is followed to obtain a Police Vehicle Clearance Certificate:
Vehicle Clearance Certificate: Phase 1
- Car registration certificate, ( if outside Namibia you will need a SARPPCO clearance certificate SAD500)
- Must have your car with you.
- Fill in the vehicle and owner's Identification form.
- Officer in charge will make inspection on the vehicle
- Duration of 3 to 4 days to get your clearance certificate
- This will be done at the Windhoek Police Station at phase 1 and Wanaheda Police Station
NB: When travelling to South Africa, via the border posts of Namibia and South Africa, no clearance certificate is needed.
Clearance certificate is needed for Botswana, Angola, Zimbabwe and Zambia.
Vehicle Clearance Certificate: Phase 2
- Must have copy of car registration certificate plus original certificate.
- Fee payable is N$ 50.00 (Cash Only)
- This must be accompanied by original Identification document (ID), Drivers License or Passport.
- You can register in one of the regions country wide e.g. Oshakati, Opuwo, etc.
- When you're travelling across the border you must specify to which country you're travelling to, e.g. Angola, Botswana, RSA, etc.
- You must know your cars details like color, registration number, engine capacity and model, e.g. yellow, N12345W, 1.6 liters petrol, 2010.
- You will get your clearance after 3 to 4 days
- The clearance is valid for 90 days – after expiration date an officer in charge will inspect if the details/description of your vehicle matches with the one they have in their records and issue you with the same certificate, else you have restart the process from PHASE 1.